
A Butterfly Lights Beside Us
a butterfly lights beside us, like a sunbeam...
and for a brief moment it's glory
and beauty belong to our world...
but then it flies on again, and although
we wish it could have stayed,
we are so thankful to have seen it at all.
~~Author Unknown~~
Five years. There is still hurt. There is still pain. There is still trauma. Sometimes even anger. Sometimes I am even still scared, even though it's over. But there is love, oh so much love. And I feel lucky. Lucky to be here, lucky to be alive, lucky to have gotten to hold them. Lucky and happy to have had some time, instead of none at all, although I'll always wish there could have been more. And I am thankful, so very thankful. For the two sweet little voices that fill up our home and my heart. So yes, there is still hurt and pain and trauma. There always will be. But we are still here, and so we carry on, with their hearts in our hearts. And with love. Lots and lots of love.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
~~Dr. Suess
~sophie grace~ ~hannah rose~ ~gabriella hope~
No comments:
Post a Comment