We had a fun Valentine's day in our house. Both Xander & Ayla worked very hard writing their names on Valentine's for all of their classmates. There were frosted heart cookies and milk for breakfast and chocolate waffles with strawberries for dinner, followed by more chocolate for dessert (yup, xander was in heaven!)
A couple of days later, we celebrated my birthday. After a long morning in the hospital and an afternoon spent doing patient simulations with medical students, I came home to lots of hugs and a new pair of slippers (Ruby pulled apart my old ones). Dan made me a nice dinner and even a homemade cake. Knowing that I am not a fan of frosting, he decided to frost my cake using homemade whipped cream. You can easily get whipped cream cakes in New York (my favorite), but they are pretty much non-existent in Indiana. I was so happy, especially since Xander frosted my cake all by himself!
I'm not a big birthday person, but what more could I possibly ask for!
No comments:
Post a Comment