4/30/2010

waiting for ayla

As many as you know, we are anxiously awaiting our call saying we got the green light to pick up our daughter from Ethiopia. We are going to call her Ayla and while we wait we've been doing as much as we can to get ready for our trip and for when she finally comes home. Had I started this blog a lot earlier, I could have shown so much more of this amazing (but often crazy) process. Since I didn't, here are a few highlights....

We've gone to get fingerprinted (multiple times!)...



We've visited the travel medicine doctor and had MANY shots...



We've sent a package of things to her with another travelling family...



Let's see, we've also put together her crib (Thank you, Mark!)...




We've prepared gift bags for the nannies at the orphanage....



And my wonderful friends gave me a beautiful shower. Ayla now has THE most adorable wardrobe!



Now all we need is that beautiful little girl with the big brown eyes! We love you, Ayla, and we cannot wait for you to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment