5/04/2010

travel call & three special days

Well, we finally got permission to travel. Less than two weeks from today, we will be face to face with our new daughter. Wow! I just can't believe that this moment is actually here. We are over the moon!

It's both fitting and overwhelming that this is all happening when it is. Many of you know that Dan and I lost three daughters back in May of 2006. They were born 15 weeks early because I developed preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome and became deathly ill. Our doctor had no choice but to deliver them at 24 weeks and 5 days into my pregnancy. We lost them all within a week after they were born.

In the almost 4 years since they died, we have made a point to set aside, celebrate and honor the day that they were born and the days that they died. Their birthday is May 14th, Hannah died on May 17th and Sophie and Gabriella died on May 21st. We fly to Africa to get Ayla on May 14th, our Embassy interview is May 17th and we return home to Xander and to complete our family on May 21st.

So, out of all 52 weeks and 365 days of the year, we are travelling and having our Embassy date during that exact week on those exact days. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the significance of it all. Sure, it could be a completely random coincidence, but as someone who has struggled so much with my faith, my religion and my spirituality since going through this devastating loss, I'd like to think that maybe, just maybe it's a sign telling me to have faith, to have hope and to be at peace about my girls. Not an hour of my day goes by without my thinking of them. I carry all three of them in my heart and perhaps this is their way of letting me know that they really are with me.

We are so grateful that we are less than 2 weeks away from meeting our daughter. It's going to be a busy few days in our house! There is a lot to do before we go. I am already missing Xander and Ruby and we haven't even left yet!

Ayla, we're almost there! We love you and we can't wait to welcome you into your family!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jana, thanks for sharing! God's timing can be so mysterious at times, and yet so comforting. What a cool thing to have these dates come together like that. Have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete