6/02/2010

so much progress, so much fun

Our first week with Ayla home has gone great. She is adjusting incredibly well, considering all of the changes and transitions she's been through in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I'm very impressed...I don't think I could have handled things as well as she has! I can't imagine what she must have been thinking (or still is), but I feel that every day our bond gets stronger and stronger.

In the time we've been home she's been making great progress. She has not one, but two teeth coming in (trying to savor the toothless smile for as long as we can!). She's also sitting up independently, something she was not doing when we first met her. She's sleeping well, eating great and generally happy all of the time. She's really easy going and is content to do whatever it is we need her to. She's a pro at sitting in the shopping cart and has taken many trips to Target. She'll happily hang out in the Baby Bjorn while Xander plays on the playground. She's also starting to respond to her name. She babbles constantly and she can be very loud! She definitely has a voice and is not shy about letting it be heard.

Xander is doing a great job being a big brother. He really seems to love Ayla and is so interested in whatever it is she's doing. He's the first one up the stairs when he hears her make noise on the monitor in the morning (once I caught him up there trying to wake her up!). He wants to help feed her, change her and bathe her. He likes to push her exersaucer around the house while she's in it. Ayla will likely think that her name is 'Baby Ayla,' since that is what Xander calls her. He does want me to baby him a little bit (he thinks it's funny to walk around with a pacifier in his mouth...see below!), but I expected that. Overall, he's doing fantastic and I am so proud of him!

We feel so incredibly thankful to have this beautiful little girl in our family. It has been a joy getting to know her and we've all been having so much fun together.

I thought I'd post some more pictures. If I can ever get out from all of the laundry and finally finish unpacking, I'm hoping to be able to post more often!

It was a loooong day at Dulles Airport, thanks to delays and missed connections, but Ayla was a champ!


She can sleep anywhere (she's snoozing on chairs at the airport)!


Ayla checking out Ruby our first days home.


Xander asked to hold Ayla


Hanging out on the play mat


Playing with an ice cube


My baby!


Sitting up like a big girl!




Ayla's first Memorial Day BBQ (thanks for the pics, Brigitte!)


2 comments:

  1. Yes, the pics are all SO cute I can't possibly come up with a favorite. It sounds like things are going so well. I'll call you soon!

    ReplyDelete